Monday, February 1, 2010

Stir Fry Pork and Kimchi

Photobucket

This dish was inspired by a dish made by some friends over at the Flock. I didn't have a recipe for this dish and I couldn't get a hold of either of my friends or their cookbook, so I winged this together with some stuff I had in the house. I thought it turned out well and even Kate, who dislikes kimchi, enjoyed this dish.


Stir Fry Pork and Kimchi

2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 lb thinly sliced lean pork butt, cut into approx 1" pieces
1 jar kimchi (I prefer the spicy version)
1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/4 cup sliced green onion, and a small amount reserved for garnish
1-2 cloves garlic, finely minced
Sesame Seeds (optional)


Heat skillet or wok over medium heat.
Add 2 tbsp olive oil.
Add pork and stir fry, until browned on both sides.
Drain pork on paper towel.
Drain off oil and fat from pan if in excess, retain a few tablespoons for cooking.

Add green onion to pan and cook until soft.
Add garlic, stir around until fragrant.
Add kimchi and cook until warmed through.
Add soy sauce and sesame oil.
Add pork back into dish, stir until heated through.

Serve over steamed rice.
Add reserved green onions and sesame seeds for garnish.

0 comments:

Post a Comment