Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Raspberry-Strawberry Salsa

I love pretty much any type of spicy food, but my wife is a person who can take only so much. This is a problem because I have a bunch of peppers from the farmer's market stored in the freezer. In an attempt to get these peppers used up in a timely manner and to not set my wife on fire, I made a variety of fruit salsas.

From a blackberry salsa(meh) to a blueberry salsa(has potential, but I need to tweak a few things) but the first, and best, salsa that I made was a raspberry-strawberry salsa. And everyone else seems to think so too. So far, the reviews have been excellent. My wife absolutely loved it when I made a test batch at home; and I made it again for a family reunion and they ate it all up. With another batch of fruit salsa someone made right next to it getting significantly less attention.

It's a simple recipe and very refreshing during the summer months.

1/2 cup strawberries (sliced into smaller segments)
1/2 cup raspberries (slice in half if very large)
1/2 white onion, chopped finely
1-2 Serrano peppers, diced (alter # of peppers to fit your heat level)
1/4 cup cilantro
juice of 1/2 lime
salt and pepper, to taste

Mix all ingredients together and let sit in the fridge for at least a half hour to let the flavors meld and then serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment